DIETs would continue to be nodal institutions at the district level to transact pre service and in-service training for elementary school teachers.
- DIET will also be responsible for in-service training of secondary school teachers under RMSA if there is no CTE for the district or the existing CTE is not able to fulfill the requirement due to inadequate capacity in relation to the total number of teachers to be trained.
- DIET would also organize and support teacher professional development and leadership development programs for Head Masters, senior teachers, and School Management Committees on a continued basis.
- DIET would serve as an Education Resource Centre for the district in conjunction with BITEs, BRCs, CRCs.
- Addressing district specific material development, action research programs for special groups in the District.
- Developing district academic plans and monitoring the quality of schools and teaching.
- Designing interventions for direct support to schools and work with special groups in the district.
- DRCs to be upgraded to DIETs on a need basis.